Construction Management Sponsored Degree Programme
Construction managers are at the "sharp end" of project delivery working on site. A construction manager will be involved from the pre-construction/planning stage right through to project handover and sometimes beyond.
As a trainee construction manager your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the production of short term construction plans.
- Assisting with the procurement of trade/sub-contractors.
- Assisting in project start up and preconstruction stages.
- Assisting in the daily control, management and coordination of site activity.
- Keeping a detailed diary of works planned and actually carried out by trade/sub-contractors.
- Checking sub-contractor works, benchmarking and quality control
- Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is received, reviewed and communicated where necessary.
- Contributing to site progress meetings with trade/sub-contractors
- Ensuring health & safety is adhered to onsite, including site inspections and conducting site inductions.
- Assisting Construction Managers with various elements of the build
- Establishing key relationships with the trade contractors, setting up clear lines of communication to coordinate labour and help address issues that may arise
Trainee Construction Managers are sponsored through a 2 year HNC at a London-based university (one day a week on campus). Once this is achieved, apprentices are enrolled onto an NVQ Level 6 to allow them to start working towards their CIOB qualification.
- A minimum of grade CCC from three A Levels (or equivalent UCAS points) or a construction-related Level 3 BTEC Diploma at MMM grade or above
- Six GCSEs grade C or above including mathematics and English (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
- We welcome qualifications from around the world: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and a deep-rooted entrepreneurial spirit. Together we strive to build more efficiently, more sustainably, more intelligently and more economically – to create cities and communities that don’t just function, but inspire.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!