Civil Engineering Sponsored Degree Programme at Mace GroupTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Civil Engineering Sponsored Degree Programme
What is Civil Engineering?
This is a role where you can see the impact of your work every day. Engineering is at the core of our construction business and dictates how we build and deliver our projects. Understanding the construction sequence together with a knowledge of structural behaviour, and the importance of dimensional and quality control can only be gained by working on site with seasoned professionals.
As an apprentice civil engineer, you will work with the project team in the daily control, management and coordination of construction activities to ensure the project is delivered on time, on budget and to the required safety, environmental and quality standards. Your responsibilities will increase throughout the apprenticeship programme as your technical knowledge and skills develop.
We have an established career path for engineers to progress to suit your preferences and skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside our project engineers and construction managers to develop construction strategies and sequences
- Producing sketches and drawings to clarify construction sequences
- Undertaking concept design of temporary works
- Undertaking site inspections of temporary works
- Undertaking scope reviews of civil and structural tenders
- Assisting in providing design and remedial solutions
- Reviewing and preparing risk assessments and method statements
- Establishing and maintaining secondary dimensional control
- Ensuring appropriate as built surveys are undertaken
- Checking dimensions of major elements and critical interfaces
- Monitoring surveying and setting out of subcontractors ensuring best practice
- Raising Non Conformance Reports
- Monitoring subcontractors to ensure compliance with method statements and inspection test plans
- Carrying out quality control checks
- Assisting package and construction manages with quality issues arising on site
You will be sponsored through a five-year part-time BSc degree in civil engineering. We will provide support and mentoring to develop your experience and achieve Incorporated Membership of The Institution of Civil Engineers.
- A minimum of grade BBC (or equivalent UCAS points) from three A Levels including maths and physics at grade C, or a construction-related Level 3 BTEC Diploma at DDM grade or above
- Six GCSEs grade C or above including mathematics, physics and english (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
- We welcome qualifications from around the world: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Drive to achieve results
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and a deep-rooted entrepreneurial spirit. Together we strive to build more efficiently, more sustainably, more intelligently and more economically – to create cities and communities that don’t just function, but inspire.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.