Broadcast Operator Level 3 Apprenticeship at BBCTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with BBC
Broadcast Operator Level 3 Apprenticeship
The BBC’s Broadcast services are at the heart of communities across the UK; telling stories that matter to people, on TV, radio, online and via our wider digital services.. Through this apprenticeship opportunity, you could be part of the next generation of broadcast operators.
Working alongside our journalists and programme makers are a dedicated team of Broadcast Technical Operators who make sure our broadcast equipment and technology side of our business runs smoothly. This Apprenticeship is an exciting entry level opportunity to join the BBC in towns and cities across the country; helping to sustain the reliability and quality of the BBC’s services.
You will gain the following skills via a combination of classroom based learning at College (and with the BBC Academy) and via on the job ‘learning by doing’.
On successfully completing this level 3 apprenticeship, you may wish to progress your career-path into the following specialisms:
- Camera Operations/Floor Management
- TV Vision Mixing
- Radio Sound Operations
- Technical Directing
- Sound & Vision Editing
- Shoot/ Edit Multi-skilled Operator
- Media Managing
- Network Monitoring,
- Master Control Room Operating,
- Support Technician
Apprenticeship places are available in:
You will be able to select your preferred location when you apply
Start Date: September 2019
Who are You?
This apprenticeship is all about being part of the action; whether that's behind the scenes of a live news broadcast in a studio, or behind the camera and knee deep in a muddy field. The bulk of the work will be on local and national news output. You don't need to have previous work experience however we would love to see examples of transferable practical skills through extra-curricular activities and volunteering.
Throughout the application process, you will be assessed on the following:
- Practical application (including the ability to multitask)
- Problem solving
- Time management
As long as you have these skills, we can teach you the rest!
This is an apprenticeship role ideally aimed at school leavers. You just need to be over 18 at time of starting in September. We’re looking for grades 9 to 4 at GCSE (A-C) or equivalent
To be eligible for this scheme, you will also need to have the right to work in the UK.
If have a disability and would like your application to go through the Extend Hub you will be able to select this option when you apply.
What Are We Offering?
- An annual salary of £14250 or £18,810 if the placement is in London. Whilst you are on the apprenticeship this will increase by £1500 per year.
- Gold-standard industry training delivered by the BBC Academy from specialists and senior BBC and freelance production staff.
- Completion of a Level 3 Broadcast Assistant Production Apprenticeship, supported by an experienced and established training provider.
The Application Process
- 14th November - Online application form closes
- 5th December - Candidates notified whether they are through to the video assessment stage
- 13th December - Deadline for candidates to complete video assessment
- 10th January - Candidates notified by this date whether they have been selected for an assessment day
- 14th January - Assessments held this week in Birmingham
About the BBC
Be part of something special. Join the BBC.
The BBC is the world’s leading public service broadcaster. Funded primarily through the television licence fee, the BBC provides audiences in the UK with high quality and distinctive services across television, radio and online. In the UK the BBC provides 10 network television services, 10 network radio services, 46 radio services in the nations and regions of the UK, plus an extensive online presence. The BBC also delivers impartial news and information to audiences around the globe through the World Service.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.