Corporate Audit, CFAB January 2020 Apprenticeship
Joining as a Level 4 apprentice, you’ll be a valued member of the firm from day one. You’ll be challenged in the work you do as your skills and knowledge grow. You’ll find a personal approach, coupled with encouragement and support. You’ll push yourself to become the business professional you aspire to be. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, you’ll receive full study support towards gaining your CFAB qualification. We provide the opportunities – you take them.
Being part of our corporate audit team you will need an analytical mind as you work to provide audit and accounting services to a broad range of clients including financial services, technology companies and sports clubs. Your role will involve providing a high quality service to clients in respect of the preparation and audit of statutory accounts.
Location: Reading, London
- Understand and act on basic instructions
- Develop a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit
- Understand and perform basic tests from within PROaudit
- Develop elementary knowledge of double entry
- Assist in the call and cast of accounts
- Assist in the preparation of lead schedules and audit work which includes, but is not limited to:
- Completing Statutory sections
- System notes
- Journal testing
- Capital and reserves sections
- Income testing
- Expenses testing
- Bank and cash testing
- Follow any reasonable instruction by the audit Senior
- Assist in the preparation of legible and comprehensive working papers
- Be prepared to travel to client sites as required
- Demonstrate commitment to working as a team to achieve deadlines
- Successfully study towards the CFAB qualification via a Level 4 apprenticeship
- 5 GCSE's grade 4-9 with a 6 or above in English Language and Maths (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 120 UCAS points (or equivalent), attained or expected
- Competent using MS Office
- Able to work to deadlines
- Team worker
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
This role will follow a Level 4 Professional Accounting Taxation Technician Apprenticeship standard.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
About Moore Stephens
Helping you thrive in a changing world.
We provide our clients with support and guidance to deal with new risks and opportunities. As a Top 10 accounting and advisory network we support a broad range of individuals and entrepreneurs, large organisations and complex international businesses.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!