Business Tax, CFAB September 2019 Apprenticeship at Moore Stephens
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Moore Stephens
Business Tax, CFAB September 2019 Apprenticeship
Joining as a Level 4 apprentice, you’ll be a valued member of the firm from day one. You’ll be challenged in the work you do as your skills and knowledge grow. You’ll find a personal approach, coupled with encouragement and support. You’ll push yourself to become the business professional you aspire to be. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, you’ll receive full study support towards gaining your CFAB qualification. We provide the opportunities – you take them.
Our business tax team provide bespoke taxation services to clients and deal with queries from compliance through to advisory work. You'll prepare tax returns and computations, carry out tax planning/consultancy work and deal with HMRC, clients and third parties.
- corporation tax computations at both provisional and final stage
- corporation, partnership, personal and overseas landlord tax returns
- tax accounting and deferred tax computations for inclusion in the financial statements, as required
- The expectation is that the involvement in the preparation of the returns will be mainly data inputting and familiarising themselves with how Alphatax (or other appropriate software) works. Generally reporting to client caseworkers and managers.
- Assist in dealing with HMRC correspondence including calling HMRC as required, informing them of any changes to client circumstances and preparation of penalty appeal letters.
- Assist in obtaining relevant information from audit/accounting files in order to prepare the draft tax returns.
- Drafting client correspondence including the preparation of tax payment advice /CT600 returns for client approval for Manager to send
- Assist more senior members of staff with a portfolio of clients ensuring they are kept up to date with relevant progress of their computations, tax matters and deadlines
- Take on work from the Compliance Function to gain experience of basic compliance requirements across a broad range of taxes.
- Communicating with clients to obtain relevant information or to resolve queries
- Assisting with new client/engagement set up including the initial preparation of LOEs and Client Acceptance Checklist/General Engagement Acceptance Checklist.
- Assist with any other aspects of the compliance function, including updating Alphatax on a regular basis
- Assist with fee proposals, analysing WIP and drafting fee notes when requested.
- Ensure the deadline they have been given are met and issues or difficulties that arise are brought to the attention of the senior team members
- Liaise with senior team members to regularly communicate progress of work
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues including starting to build working relationships with colleagues from other departments
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Develop an awareness of UK taxation and accounting matters, including accounting standards and double entry book-keeping (generally through professional studies)
- Successfully study towards the CFAB qualification via a level 4 apprenticeship
- 5 GCSE’S grade 4-9 with a 6 or above in English language and maths (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 120 UCAS points (or equivalent), attained or expected
- Competent at relevant computer applications e.g. Excel
- Basic technical and analytical skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
This role will follow a Level 4 Professional Accounting Taxation Technician Apprenticeship standard.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
About Moore Stephens
Helping you thrive in a changing world.
We provide our clients with support and guidance to deal with new risks and opportunities. As a Top 10 accounting and advisory network we support a broad range of individuals and entrepreneurs, large organisations and complex international businesses.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!