Audit & Assurance – Pensions Audit Centre of Excellence, BrightStart Higher Apprenticeship
Our BrightStart Higher Apprenticeship is an opportunity for curious, smart people like you to leap into the world of professional services. Earn-while-you-learn, gain a professional qualification and get stuck in, helping to solve some of our clients’ most complex problems right from the start.
Requirements & Qualifications
You will need to have obtained or studying towards at least 260 UCAS points (pre 2018 A level results) or 104 UCAS points (2018 A level results). You must have achieved at least a grade 4 (C) in English language and at least a grade 6 (B) in Maths.
Each of our four Audit & Assurance businesses offers fascinating engagements, inspirational colleagues, and every opportunity to explore, develop and grow. The difference is in the type of clients you’ll work with.
- Private markets: Want to work with some of the UK’s most dynamic privately owned companies in a role that goes beyond auditing? Private Markets gives you the unique opportunity to work directly with company owners across all aspects of their business - supporting them on their journey to becoming a listed company.
- FTSE: You’ll work with some of the world’s most recognisable brands; those publicly listed on the London Stock Exchange. In FTSE timing is everything; these firms are leading the business agenda in the UK and your work will have the potential to impact their performance right across the investment community.
- International: You’ll work closely with colleagues and clients across the world, from US to Japan to Africa and beyond, on everything from audit to post merger assurance. This complex, intellectually challenging work, comes with opportunities to build senior level, global networks.
- Financial Services: Specialise in the insurance industry, working with a diverse range of clients from key players to the industry’s rising stars. With digital transformation top of the agenda, you’ll go beyond providing audit and assurance, to finding new ways for clients to improve how they work.
Your professional experience
As a BrightStart Apprentice in Pensions Audit you will have the opportunity to work with clients and to develop innovative audit strategies, working on external audits for some of the UK’s largest companies and their associated pension schemes.
You will study and earn – while – you – learn, and you will receive training across 5 years and work towards your ACA (Chartered Accountants Ireland) qualification.
The Pensions Audit Centre of Excellence (PACE) sits within the Financial Services service line within Deloitte UK and works directly with clients on a large portfolio of pension scheme audits. PACE also supports audit teams throughout the UK firm in delivering pension asset testing and providing support on some of the firm’s most prestigious UK and multinational audit clients.
As an apprentice within the PACE team you will receive industry leading training with a focus on investments testing, and your role will include:
- Auditing pension schemes including testing investments, pension contributions and benefit payments;
- Using engagement management software to document audit testing;
- Communicating with clients and their external service organisations; and
- Working within a dynamic team, reporting to audit managers and partners, and collaborating with specialists.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
Our work underpins the accuracy of the information shareholders use to make key financial decisions. Working with influential multinationals, innovative start-ups and household names, in every sector, we really get to know our clients’ businesses, so we can help them improve how they work.
All our BrightStart Higher Apprenticeship vacancies will close on 15th March 2019, with the exception of Belfast BrightStart Higher Apprentice vacancies which will close on the 21st December 2018. Vacancies may close ahead of the published dates, so we encourage all applicants to apply early.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!