Powertrain Engineering Level 4 Apprenticeship at Jaguar Land Rover
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Jaguar Land Rover
Powertrain Engineering Level 4 Apprenticeship
Our award-winning graduate and apprentice programmes have been designed to be just as inspiring as the next generation of vehicles you’ll help produce. In fact, we’ve designed our early careers programmes for you to shape the future with us. With opportunities right across our business, you’ll use your creativity to bring new ideas to life, develop specialist, commercial and project skills and push the boundaries of your potential.
What to expect
Powertrain Engineering is responsible for designing and developing world class engines, transmissions, electrical motors, drivelines, powertrain systems and controllers which deliver the driving experience our customers love.
Powertrain Engineering offers a variety of opportunities for Degree Apprentices. As a Powertrain Degree Apprentice, you will be part of a growing community, playing a key part in the research, development, testing and validation of new technologies across the departments. You will address stimulating engineering challenges, maximising operational efficiency, and delivering class-leading products.
Typical activities include:
- Developing technical capability, workload management skills and effective problem solving techniques
- Using CAD and CAE analysis tools to design and stimulate performance in order to improve product designs and assist in the resolution of engineering problems
- Lead improvement projects to enhance capability and capacity of our facilities
- Combine theoretical knowledge with practical application in a testing environment
- Deliver high quality data, observing test standards and international regulations
You will undertake a modern apprenticeship under Trailblazer standards. This exciting programme will develop your practical skills and cultivate the knowledge required for your particular role in the business. This is all achieved whilst developing your behaviours, as we are not just interested in what you accomplish, but the manner in which you do it.
As well as gaining commercial and professional experience, you’ll also achieve academic and vocational qualifications and typically this could include working towards the qualifications below depending on role and experience:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence).
- HNC Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- HND Diploma in Automotive Engineering or equivalent if there is a more suitable qualification for your role
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Engineering Manufacture
Expect to achieve NVQs relevant to your specific job and top class on-the-job training that will support and focus you on becoming highly competent to deliver in the role.
What you'll need
You’ll need Maths and English Language GCSE C Grade or above (Grade 4-9). In addition you will need another three GCSE’s including a Science, Engineering, Technology or an additional Maths subject at C Grade or grade 4-9 or above, or as an alternative to the three additional GCSEs an Engineering Vocational qualification Level 3 of 90 credit value (540 GLH).
Also, you’ll need one of the following two:
- Two A Levels to include Maths and an additional Mathematical/Physics/Chemistry/Technology or Engineering subject at C Grade or above.
- Or A Level Maths at C Grade or above plus an Engineering Level 3 qualification of 120 credit value (720 GLH)
Rewards and benefits
Our salaries are competitive and we will also pay your tuition and course fees and give you a generous holiday allowance as part of your package. You'll be able to access a range of deals and discounts from various retailers and many of our facilities have their own gyms and sports facilities so you'll have plenty of opportunities to play at the end of the working day.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!