BSc (Hons) Software Development Apprenticeship at CGI
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with CGI
BSc (Hons) Software Development Apprenticeship
Want to earn while you learn?
At CGI we’re offering you a unique opportunity to be part of something exciting and earn while you learn on our Aston University Degree Apprenticeship. We’re a company that each day enables the transfer of £3 trillion, protects against 43 million cyber-attacks, drives two thirds of the world’s SMS messages, support the missions of more than 200 satellites and who employs 74,000 professionals from hundreds of locations worldwide.
Right now we’re on the lookout for talent – students and school leavers, people who are passionate about technology and hungry to learn. You’ll be proving yourself from day one – solving problems, taking responsibility and making decisions. And with open-ended prospects for advancement, you’ll have every opportunity to reach the top. You may be involved with:
- Resolving any IT Issues that arise
- Doing programming work after being fully trained
- Learning about software testing and other industry practices
- Learn about how software is designed and developed in modern project environments and putting it into practice
- Your role will be to deliver digital engineering capability and encompass a rotation programme which will allow you to learn different programming languages and try new roles.
What you’ll get
Join our programme and you’ll study towards a BSc (Hons) Software Development degree at Glasgow Caledonian University whilst spending the other four days a week developing your career on real projects at CGI. You can shape and develop your career throughout the course of the programme then continue with us after graduation.
With our sponsorship, you won’t have to pay a penny in tuition fees. You’ll also benefit from a competitive starting salary and all the support you need to succeed. We’ll even provide the course resources and materials required, so there’s no need to worry about textbooks either and you can use the laptop you are given when you join CGI to use at University. Individuals who participate in the scheme are able to access the same learning opportunities as those who go down the traditional route of direct entry into college or university.
Due to the nature of our business, you work on ‘projects’. This means you have the opportunity to work across a wide range of roles, industries and locations, there is no ‘typical day’. It really does vary at CGI and that’s the exciting thing, it is up to you to shape and develop your career in the direction you want to go with the support of others.
The best thing about joining us is that while you may start working in one area, the opportunity to move internally is huge, so you can take control of your career from your first day.
To support you, you will have designated managers who will look after you on a day-to-day basis and be on hand to support you with your career development and professional conduct at CGI. You will also have a ‘Buddy’ which is a current or graduated student of a school leaver programme to help you with anything else you may need.
Location of the role
You could be based from our Glasgow office. As CGI is a consultancy, your projects could be based from other locations asides from your base location, and you should therefore be prepared for travel in your role.
- The preferred requirement is 4 Highers at Grade B or above including 1 in Maths, Physics or Computing (equivalent qualifications are accepted) unless you can show strong technical (programming/development) ability through work experience or extra-curricular activities.
- At least 7 Scottish National 5 at grade 1-3 including English or Maths (equivalent qualifications are accepted)
- Our School Leaver Programmes are designed for candidates with A-Levels (or equivalent e.g. Scottish Nationals, BTEC etc) who do not yet have a degree. If you are working towards a degree, or already have one, please see our Industrial Placement and Graduate Programmes.
About CGI Group
CGI is one of the largest IT and business process services providers in the world, delivering high-quality business consulting, systems integration and managed services.
With 40 years of experience and continued business growth we offer financial strength and business rigour to support some of the UK’s biggest and best brands across the commercial and public sectors. Our teams have experience in delivering award winning programmes in space, defence and national security, central government and the public sector, as well as the commercial sector including financial services, oil and gas, energy and utilities and communications.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from CGI
Your usual working day I spend my days helping with system testing, Resourcing, Analysis and managing the eCounting eportal. What you enjoy...