AAT Apprenticeship January 2019 - Outsourcing, London and Reading at BDOTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with BDO
AAT Apprenticeship January 2019 - Outsourcing, London and Reading.
Joining as an apprentice, you’ll be a valued member of the firm from day one. You’ll be challenged in the work you do as your skills and knowledge grow. You’ll find a personal approach, coupled with encouragement and support. You’ll push yourself to become the business professional you aspire to be. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, you’ll receive full study support towards gaining your AAT qualification. We provide the opportunities – you take them.
As part of our Outsourcing team you'll assist in providing clients with the full range of accounting and back office services, including bookkeeping, accounts preparation, management accounting, VAT compliance, forecasting and budgeting and any other ad hoc advice and assistance on accounting matters.
- Ensures that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
- Maintain good relationship with clients
- Ensure that the manager is kept up to date with any issues arising from the client or its activities.
- Be aware of chargeable time and charge out rates, so that all time spent is accurately recorded and jobs are completed on a timely basis, within the budgets provided
- Basic knowledge of double entry
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries, under supervision.
- Processing and raising of invoices (sales and purchases) and expenses
- Preparation of bank and petty cash reconciliations and cashbook analysis
- Assist with preparation of management accounts (monthly/ quarterly /annual) .
- Have an awareness of how the outsourcing team works with other departments within the firm
- Prepare cheque runs and payments using BACS system
- Ensure that invoices, payments and bank summaries are prepared on a timely basis
- 5 GCSE's grade 4-9 with a 5 or above (grade A*-C with a C or above on pre-2017 tariff) in English Language and Maths (or international equivalent)
- Minimum of 104 UCAS points (260 UCAS points on pre-2017 tariff) or international equivalent, achieved within the same academic year
- Interest in accounting
- Competent using MS Office, particularly Excel
- Proven knowledge of computerised accounting systems such as Sage Line 50
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Keenness to learn new skills and knowledge
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Be able to ask questions in order to increase knowledge
- Team worker
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing 5000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £590m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $9bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.