Events Assistant Apprenticeship at M&G
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with M&G
Events Assistant Apprenticeship
M&G Prudential’s Global Events Team is looking for an enthusiastic, highly organised apprentice to join its team. The primary purpose of the role will be to provide administrative support to the team, supporting the delivery of events from inception to execution as required. The Event Assistant will work closely with the Event Managers and Event Executives that deliver M&G Prudential’s high-profile events.
The role is split between satisfying ad-hoc requests and the following regular tasks:
- Maintain and monitor the events team calendar
- Input and prepare reports for the team, such as event feedback
- Organise travel and accommodation for those travelling to events
- Maintain the team’s intranet page and internal social channels (e.g. Yammer)
- Research and source new merchandise that could be used at M&G Prudential events
- Travel to local events, assisting the Event Managers with event set-up and during the event with registration
- Work closely with Event Managers and Event Executives, assisting them when required with ad hoc events assistance
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with colleagues
- Maintain venue knowledge and keep up-to-date with latest developments in the events industry
- Ensure that all event activities comply with the regulatory, Conduct Risk (Customer at Heart) and Treating Customers Fairly requirements of FCA and local regulators
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points, or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A numerate, logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fantastic attention to detail, planning and organisation skills
- Committed to achieving results and to deliver on time
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G Prudential.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
How to apply
To apply and to find out more, please click on the apply button.