Customer Team Member at Co-op
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Co-op
About the Co-Op
It takes all kinds of people to make a business work. So, at Co-op our nationwide apprenticeships are open to everyone with the right levels of skill, enthusiasm and understanding. If you have a genuine passion for customer service, a willingness to learn and a strong sense of community, you could really go places at the Co-op. We believe in working together, so take a look at all we can offer you and come share in our success.
Customer Team Member
At the Co-op, we welcome people from all walks of life and disciplines. That’s why our level 2 retail apprenticeship is open to people of all ages, experience and backgrounds. So, whether you’re already working with us as a customer team member, or you’ve come straight out of education or fancy a change in direction, our apprenticeship could be the next step in your future.
Running across 12-15 months and entirely paid for by us, this apprenticeship is completed alongside a full-time position in a local Co-op store. Not only will you learn how to better serve customers and develop your understanding of the world of retail, but you’ll also complete written and practical learning, work in a team, and become a part of a strong and supportive community. You’ll work through a number of core modules, and you’ll have 20% of your contracted time to dedicate to studying, wherever’s most convenient for you.
If you’re new to Co-op you’ll be paid a great wage, or if you’re already with us, you’ll keep all the great benefits you already have. We’ll even give you an electronic tablet to help you with your studies. And at the end of the programme, if you do a really great job, there’s nothing stopping you working your way to management roles quickly.
What you’ll do:
- work full-time in a Co-op store
- complete a number of core modules within your weekly learning hours
- apply your learnings from the programme to your work in store
- use interactive workbooks to support your development
- support deliveries by offloading cages and refilling the warehouse
- work within the local community by supporting local social initiatives
- learn how specific departments in the store operate
- go above and beyond for customers, supporting them in any way you can
Successful apprentices are those who show a willingness to learn about the retail industry, customer service and their own capabilities. You’ll be able to demonstrate the required standard of maths and English, and you’ll be motivated by the opportunity to work in a supportive team. And we’ll look for you to want to try out new things and learn something different every day. Above all, you’ll be passionate about retail and working collaboratively, and you’ll bring a positive attitude to the study you’ll do here.
- you’re already a customer team member with us (based in England), or;
- you’re looking to join us as a customer team member
- you’re eligible to work in the UK on a full time, permanent basis
- you’re happy to work 30 hours per week across variable shift patterns
- you’re determined to build a progressive career at Co-op
- you’re willing to be flexible, studying and working at the same time
- you enjoy working as part of a team and building relationships
- you don’t already have a qualification in retail at level 2 or higher
- you’re not already on another apprenticeship with the Co-op or another company when you join us in November 2018
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.