Repair Technician Apprenticeship at Dixons Carphone
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Dixons Carphone
Repair Technician Apprenticeship
As a Repair Technician Apprentice, you’ll work with us to become an expert in repairing electrical and electronic devices. You’ll be gaining a nationally recognised qualification with Dixons Carphone, Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, one of which being Knowhow. You’ll be part of a team of 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland where every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers.
Our Team Knowhow Repair Centre is the biggest in Europe and is all about ensuring a high quality service to our customers through strong standards of repair. As a Repair Technician Apprentice, you’ll be learning how to diagnose and repair electrical and electronic devices such as laptops, tablets and mobile phones. You’ll carry out replacement and repairs as well as diagnosing faults, always ensuring the customer stays at the heart of our business.
Two years’ expert training
If you’re passionate about how tech works – and you love helping people – it’s time to engineer an amazing career with us. On our two-year training programme, you’ll deliver first class customer repairs while gaining valuable qualifications.
What you’ll learn
We’ll train you to apply technical knowledge to diagnose problems and fix them for our customers. As you do this, you’ll work towards essential industry-recognised certificates.
Taking it apart
You’ll be gaining functional, creative thinking and problem solving abilities. Expect to learn the theory and practice of repairing laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
Skills you’ll need
- 5 GCSEs at grade E or above (ideally English and Maths at C) or equivalent e.g. Scottish Standard Grades or Nationals.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- An organized and self-motivated approach.
What you’ll get
A starting salary of £16,000 that increases after your first year based on successful completion of your apprenticeship. You truly will earn while you learn.
- Once you’re a fully qualified Repair Technician, you can choose to keep on developing your career in whichever direction you like – whether specialising in new technologies or working towards management.
- You’ll also enjoy a great benefits packages, which includes countless discounts and even birthday surprises.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.