Quality Apprenticeship - Leeds at Unilever
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Unilever
Do you want to kick-start your career in one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies? Every day, 2.5 billion people in 190 countries buy and use our products including Persil, Dove, Magnum, Hellman’s, Marmite and Lynx.
Main Job Purpose
As the manufacturers of some of the world’s best loved Deodorant brands, Quality is very much at the heart of what we do. Working as part of the Quality Team you will learn how we ensure that each product leaves our factory in perfect condition, to meet our consumers’ high expectations. You will be involved in real projects from Day 1 this will include utilising World Class Manufacturing methodologies and working with cross functional teams to drive continuous improvement on Unilever production lines and at our material suppliers, and by ensuring that our products meet or exceed Unilever and regulatory standards you will be driving real improvements in quality on a day to day basis There are many different elements to Quality and every working day is different – for example, you could be testing and measuring materials, working with others to improve and implement Quality standards in the factory, or supporting our Innovation and research & Development teams in the development of new completely products.
About the Programme
Our Apprenticeship in Quality lasts 2 years and follows the National Apprenticeship Standard – Level 3 Improvement Technician Standard as well as Unilever specific technology modules and personal development programmes.
The programme incorporates on-the-job training in the following areas: Process Quality, Innovation Quality Operational & Supplier Quality and Hygiene. You will study simultaneously, matching your formal academic learning to the operational experiences you are having day-to-day.
Completion of the programme will ensure you have the knowledge and skills to work effectively as part of a world class team in a range of Supply Chain roles. Additionally, you will obtain the auditing qualifications.
- You will be educated to A-level with a minimum requirement of 2 A-levels grade C or above in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths) obtained or predicted.
- You are a passionate and positive individual who strives to take the lead and seek out fresh opportunities and challenges.
- Passion for our brands, products and Quality.
- You go the extra mile in order to exceed customer expectations and deliver above and beyond every time.
- Communication is key – you are expected to be confident and clear with the information you present and publish.
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Start date: Early October 2018
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!