About Severn Trent
With eight million customers we do something incredible everyday, supplying almost two billion litres of water. From rivers and reservoirs across the UK, we connect communities with the world’s most precious resource.
Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician
Become a Techncial Expert in a 24/7 organisation.
You’ll be part of our team that works to service and repair the Severn Trent Water fleet including cars, light and heavy commercial vehicles and mobile plant.
What you'll be doing
Having completed an intensive period of on and off-the-job training, where you’ll have gained a high level of technical knowledges, you’ll have the opportunity to start putting your skills to use. Our Heavy Vehicle (HV) Maintenance Technicians perform vital maintenance on our vehicles to ensure we are able to optimise our fleet and minimise vehicle downtime.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Servicing and maintaining a diverse range of company vehicles and plant, including agricultural and construction equipment to a high standard, ensuring STW and manufacturer guidelines are followed
- You'll gain experience maintaining auxillary equipment e.g. cranes, compressors, generators, vacuum and displacement pumps etc
- Attending unscheduled maintenance and emergency work as required
- Ensuring a safe working environment and behaviours at all times
- Preparing and presenting company vehicles for annual testing to required standards, ensuring STW target pass rates are achieved
- Being customer focused, working productively to minimise vehicle downtime
- Inputting all key job information daily into a fleet management system
- Helping to support the running of the workshop if the Lead Technician is not present
How we'll support you
A two-week induction designed to introduce you to our business, show you how we work and help you get the best.
An Apprentice buddy
Someone to share your experiences with and support you in achieving your ambitions.
Regular performance reviews with your manager
Bi-annual reviews to help you outline clearly-defined goals and measure how you’re developing against them.
We’ll also help you to pursue nationally recognised qualifications, such as NVQs.
Training and Development
During your apprenticeship , you’ll combine on-the-job learning with formal, nationally recognised development training modules and have the opportunity to gain a range of NVQ Level 3 Qualifications.
To help you drive and own your career progression, we’ll provide you with Personal Development Plan. This will be set and agreed with your line manager and reviewed regularly to inform your bi-annual performance reviews.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!