About Lloyds Banking Group
Lloyds Banking Group is a financial services group that’s been serving communities around the UK, for hundreds of years. With some of the most recognised brands in the nation, including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Scottish Widows and Bank of Scotland, we make a difference to the lives of millions of people and businesses. In fact, we provide trusted services to over 30 million UK customers, 12 million online users, and 6 million mobile users. And, the numbers continue to grow.
Trainee Software Engineer
Trainee Software Engineers are the people who decide how mobile and online banking looks and works. At Lloyds Banking Group, they build, test and implement all the mobile and online software for millions of our customers up and down the country – using coding skills to create seamless user experiences.
What to expect?
The Trainee Software Engineer Apprenticeship programme is a fully paid, Level 4 apprentice qualification that typically lasts 18 months.
As a Trainee Software Engineer apprentice, you will:
- Learn about writing code and effectively link it to the Lloyds Banking Group database
- Test code and analyse results
- Develop user interfaces for our customers on mobile and online
- Understand the structure of our programmes inside out in order to identify and resolve issues
- Create simple data models and software designs
- Understand and undertake basic user face analysis
- Build, manage and deploy code into customer and business environments
- Operate at all stages of the software development lifecycle, with increasing breadth and depth over time with initial focus on build and test
Will there be training?
During the 18-month programme, you will have the support to learn and develop from a qualified Software Engineer within Lloyds Banking Group. They will be there at every step of the way to ensure your questions are answered and your progress is on track.
You will also have the chance to study for a professional qualification that supports you to develop the technical knowledge necessary for the role, allowing you to build the future you want.
- Grade C or above in five GCSEs, including Mathematics and English Language or Literature, or
- One A level, plus grade C in GCSE Mathematics and English Language or Literature, or
- Level 3 IT Apprenticeship, or
- One year of IT work experience, plus grade C in GCSE Mathematics and English Language or Literature
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!