Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Operations Administrator Apprenticeship
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its Data Content Operations team.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards achieving relevant qualifications (including Investment Operations Certificate); develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
The scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college. It is not a graduate programme.
While this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete the IOC during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
The Data Management department
The Data Management department at M&G is looking for an Apprentice to join its Data Content Operations Team. The role will be working within a dedicated team responsible for managing significant data sets, and is a great opportunity to develop a good understanding of the M&G business and the data environment which supports it. The key responsibilities for this role include ensuring data requirements are fully supported and accurately reflected within all required systems as well as working with team members to analyse and resolve data issues for our stakeholders.
Excellent communication skills and attention to detail are prerequisites, as there is a high level of contact with our stakeholders. You will be fully responsible for carrying out certain tasks throughout the month and will need to be self-disciplined and organised to be successful within the role. The scheme will provide successful candidates with a very hands-on and practical introduction to the Data Management Team.
- Ensuring data updates are entered into M&G systems accurately.
- Daily creation and maintenance of multiple asset types and data sets to support Data Management’s key stakeholders.
- Investigate data issues, working with senior data analysts to establish an appropriate resolution.
- Collection and verification of data from appropriate sources, ensuring accurate and up to date security information on the various systems.
- To ensure data requirements are fully supported within all required systems.
- Takes pride in working to a high standard, and thrives within a changing and challenging environment, showing initiative and drive.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to record and communicate clearly and effectively, both written and orally.
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities-:
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points, or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A numerate, logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
How to apply
To apply and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!