Compliance Apprentice at M&G
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with M&G
Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading asset management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G are looking for a school leaver to join our Compliance Apprenticeship scheme.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship, you will work towards achieving relevant qualifications including the Investment Operations NVQ and Investment Operations Certificate (IOC). This opportunity will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by interacting with people across the business at all levels.
Our programme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading Investment Management company, straight after school or college and it is not a graduate programme. It provides an opportunity to receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary. Whilst this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete your qualification during the 18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
M&G’s Compliance Department is looking to recruit an Apprentice to join the Code of Ethics team with the aim of building up a broad understanding of their activities and the rules and regulations underpinning the work carried out.
The Compliance Department within M&G comprises of four teams – Advisory, Regulatory Development and Liaison, Financial Crime Compliance and Central Compliance. The Compliance Code of Ethics team are part of the Central Compliance team, and they are responsible for administering and overseeing the operation of the Code of Ethics and Gifts and Hospitality policy in an efficient and effective manner.
The Fund Management industry is subject to a vast array of different rules and regulations, which are UK, European and Internationally driven. Compliance Departments play an increasingly important part in helping Fund Management Firms and their employees to successfully navigate these rules and regulations.
The role will include the following during the apprenticeship;
- Assisting the team in the maintenance and updating of compliance policies and procedures
- Assisting the team in the production of management information and reporting to the business
- Assisting the team in system enhancements and testing
- Undertaking routine Compliance monitoring activities (e.g. review of potential breaches of policy requirements)
- Carrying out general office administration duties (responding to e-mail and telephone enquiries, maintaining records and spread sheets)
- Achieved 3 A Levels A* - C or equivalent
- Keen interest in financial services and stock markets
- Strong work ethic and comfortable working under pressure to tight deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Appreciates the need for confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- P.C. literate, with a willingness to develop IT skills and use of Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Willingness to study for further qualifications and participate in training courses
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 96 UCAS points; demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.