Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Workplace's mission is to revolutionise the way people connect, communicate and collaborate at work, by bringing the powerful tools Facebook has built over the last decade into the workplace. Workplace is used by over 30,000 organizations worldwide to transform how they connect, collaborate and get things done. Workplace works for large organizations like Starbucks and Walmart, NGOs like Oxfam and Save the Children, as well as smaller startups and SMBs.
Software Engineer Apprenticeship
We are looking for software apprentices who are excited about building new features and products that have the potential to revolutionise the world of work. We want people who are excited about solving unique, large-scale, and highly complex technical problems. Our development cycle is extremely fast, and we've built tools to keep it that way. It's common to write code and have it running live just a few days later. If you work with us, you will make an impact, immediately.
- Location: London near Tottenham Court Rd Station.
- The Facebook Software Engineer is a 2 year program offered as part of the UK Government Apprenticeship program in partnership with Ada.
- You will join software engineering teams at Facebook and will be assigned a manager for the duration of your 2 year apprenticeship.
- You will start in September 2018 with our academic partner, Ada, for initial training.
- Build software for Workplace. This could include serverside components, user interfaces and mobile applications.
- Design, run and evaluate experimental results for the features you build.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, designers, data scientists and user researchers to build and improve products.
- You will have 2 A levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above, with preferably one in Technology, Mathematics, Science, Engineering or similar STEM subject.
- Experience from personal, school or open source projects or programming competitions is a plus.
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interest in learning and growing as a software engineer.
- Have the authorization to work in the United Kingdom.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers, Returners and non-graduates for the role.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!