Engineering Instrument Support Apprentice at Illumina
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Illumina
At Illumina, we push boundaries. We think beyond the conventional. We dream big. With the energy of so many bright and accomplished people, the opportunities are endless. We are growing quickly and looking for talented and passionate people to join us via our internship programme. Whether you're interested in genomics and biotech jobs, I.T. or finance, sales or marketing, engineering or manufacturing —join us and you can make a difference.
We’ve built a culture fuelled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Like you, we know the importance of your role and offer you a collaborative and supportive environment in which you are actively encouraged to continually develop your own skills and knowledge, along with embracing innovation and change. If you want to make a difference, Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome - If that inspires you, let’s talk.
Engineering Instrument Support Apprentice
Illumina’s Engineering Instrument Support Apprenticeship program aims to develop the Technicians and Engineers of the future. Apprentices play a significant role at Illumina, supporting and problem solving complex issues that arise within the cutting-edge instrumentation and technologies which are at the forefront of the genomic research industry.
As an Instrument Support Apprentice, you will be required to maintain complex equipment and ensure that high standards are adhered to for safety, manufacturing quality and documentation.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
Under supervision you will:
- Service and maintain the inhouse fleet of instruments
- Standard instruments
- Custom test hardware
- Troubleshoot problems in the event of mechanical, electrical and software issues of instruments and identify faulty parts which require replacement
- Support Prototype builds and developments
- Attend Training as a part of the apprenticeship program and for personal development.
None Required, however the successfully candidate should:
- Have an interest in working with hardware and software development and troubleshooting.
- Be a self-starter with a willingness to learn.
- Have an interest in broad scientific fields (instrumentation, optics, chemistry, software etc)
- Be able to demonstrate methodical approach to problem solving and be hands-on.
- Be detail oriented and highly motivated to be a part of a fast paced, multidisciplinary and:
- Great communication skills
- Good team working skills
- High organisation skills and confidence to work independently
- Concerns for standards
- High numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literacy
Typically 3 GCSEs at grade C or higher, or equivalent in subjects including:
- Science (required)
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!