Commercial Degree Apprenticeship at pladis Global
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with pladis Global
About pladis Global
pladis is one of the world's leading global biscuit and chocolate company and owner of a family of iconic brands including: McVities, Ulker, Jacobs, Carrs and DeMets. Headquartered in the UK, pladis is part of the Yildiz Holding group, the largest company in CEEMEA. (Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa).
Commercial Degree Apprenticeship
Our apprenticeship scheme offers you the opportunity to rotate around our commercial functions, gaining skills and experiences in a variety of roles as well as studying towards a degree part-time leading to a BA (Hons) Business Studies and professional recognition through the award of Chartered Manager status (CMgr MCMI).
The rotational placements will build commercial acumen with a focus on understanding our retailers, brands, consumers and channels as well as exploring how our Category, Shopper and Marketing Strategy & Planning (MS&P) teams support our business objectives.
Roles will include time spent in:
- Field sales
- Head office sales team
- Project management team
To support you as you embark on a commercial career, you will be given a dedicated apprentice mentor and training on the job, together with your university studies.
We are partnering with the University of West London to offer a tailored chartered manager degree that will support your learning on the job as well as building your commercial acumen through project work and external thinking.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop core selling skills in account management roles
- Deliver on KPIs to drive growth in particular channel / products
- Develop core understanding or brand management, innovation, communications and insight to develop plans and strategies aligned to brand vision
- Develop project management skills and relationship skills working cross-functionally across our global business
- Effective at building relationships.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team working towards a common goal.
- Passion for learning and developing oneself.
- Passion for our brands and the food industry.
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role, with retail or sales experience is desirable.
We are looking for individuals that embrace our GOAL21 culture;
- Purpose Led - energised by our promise to deliver happiness to the world with every bite
- Agile - ever evolving, never satisfied and never standing still
- Collaborative - willing to work with others for mutual success, inclusiveness and transparency
- Positive - quick to adapt to change, persistent in the face of setbacks, always rejuvenating and ahead of time
- Resilient - self-motivated, optimistic, courageous and inspiring
You must have a strong academic background, with a minimum 112-120 UCAS points, or 300 ucas points on old system, or equivalent qualifications
The apprenticeship will last for three years at which stage it is anticipated that you will move in to a permanent role within the commercial function.
Things to consider:
- Roles will include time spent in field sales, marketing, head office sales team as well as our project management team.
- You must hold a full UK Drivers Licence as will be doing field sales.
- You must have the Right to live and Work in the UK.
- All apprenticeships will have an annual pay review
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!