Finance Apprenticeship at Warner Bros.
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Warner Bros.
About Warner Bros.
We’re a global leader in all forms of entertainment, from movie and TV screens to mobile devices, store shelves and beyond. We work, grow and create world class content in one of the biggest, busiest studio lots in the industry, as well as at countless studios, sets and offices around the globe. We are home to the most beloved characters, franchises, heroes and wizards in the world, and to a diverse and inclusive workforce of thousands that brings those brands to life every day. We are fans of what we make and proud of what we do.
ROLE 1 - Finance Apprentice, International Supply Chain (“ISC”)
The ISC is primarily responsible for manufacturing and distributing physical products (DVD, Blu Ray, Games) which involves: follow up creation of DVD and games in master data, Purchase Orders (“POs”), inventory receipts, reviewing and approving inventory invoices, maintaining inventory standard costing records and valuing inventory.
Purpose of Position:
This is a great opportunity to gain a strong professional experience within an international environment where the candidate will learn the financial impact in supply chain and will get familiar with SOX requirements.
The successful applicant will support the finance team in ISC by assisting with checking data accuracy coming from our vendors / customers, liaising with other team members to check cost of products and analysing them, ensuring that SOX requirements are met and assisting with setting up KPIs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Check vendor invoices vs purchase orders.
- Assist in analysing goods receipts vs invoices received.
- Assist in costing stock.
- Maintaining distribution trackers.
- Ensure that vendors’ invoices are paid timely.
- Assist the team on project work as required.
ROLE 2 - Finance Apprentice, Financial Planning and Analysis EMEA
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. is the entertainment arm of the world's leading communications company, Time Warner. Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. comprises numerous divisions including Television, Home Video, Theatrical, On-line and Consumer Products. The Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) division licenses the intellectual property rights of the Warner Bros. portfolio, including DC Comics (Batman, Superman, Justice League, Wonder Woman), The Wizarding World of J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts), and Classic Animation (Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo, Tom & Jerry, Hanna Barbera), for use in merchandise and promotional activity. Our business covers many categories, including Toys, Fashion, Home, FMCG, Publishing and Promotions.
Purpose of Position:
The Finance Apprentice role is to provide support to the EMEA FP&A team and other EMEA stakeholders through management and preparation of databases and templates required for the annual budget, quarterly re-forecast and quarterly close cycles. The role has the opportunity to work with EMEA, Territory & Burbank HQ Finance teams as well as supporting Commercial stakeholders across EMEA.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepare Operating Plans (Budget / Forecasts)
- In collaboration with Burbank HQ, develop, prepare & distribute templates to Territories and EMEA Business partners (Category & Department Heads)
- Assisting the Category Heads in the preparation, maintenance and consolidation of Licensee forecasts.
- Responsible for the load and validation of completed forecast templates into Planning systems
- Preparation and distribution of standard reports to stakeholders to assist with their preparation for business reviews
- Assist in the preparation of Management Packs (including Profit & Loss Statements
2. Monitor Operating Results
- Prepare EMEA revenue & expense trackers
3. Financial Close (month, quarter, year-end)
- Assist review of expenses to ensure spending in line with forecast.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly revenue accrual review files, preparation of accrual journals and validation of postings
- Prepare and distribute regular (at times daily) update of Revenue database to territory and EMEA stakeholders
- Refresh SAP BW Reports for Profit & Loss review
- Assist with preparation of Profit & Loss statements for review
4. Business Partnering and Ad Hoc
- Assist the Manager and Director working with category teams to execute strategic plans and develop actions plans for core initiatives
- Partner with the commercial teams on financial queries, new initiatives and projects
- Participate in preparation of financial models in support of business plan creation
- Should have solid GCSE and A level results, or equivalent.
- A passion for Warner Bros. iconic brands and franchises
- Highly numerate and confident active user of MS Office (Excel / PowerPoint). Awareness of ERP systems.
- Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail! Accuracy is the key.
- Understanding of consumer & retail landscape and trends a plus
- Must be well organised, disciplined and be confident in the ability to prioritise workload and use time effectively.
- Pro-active, “can do” attitude – try something approach.
- Must be able to communicate with both finance and non-finance people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- 2 Full Time Finance Apprentice Positions
- 18 month contract starting July 2018 – course: AAT Level 3
- Salary: £16,500
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!