About Direct Line
Home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, Direct Line Group’s mission is to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We want to be known for treating our customers better than anyone else. We want to work in a way that’s more creative and more effective than other companies. And we want our people to lead the industry in every possible way.
We are looking for 2 Apprentices to join our Human Resources department for a 2 year apprenticeship programme in Leeds.
As well as gaining practical on-the-job experience, you can achieve a Level 3 qualification that includes a Level 3 Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) qualification.
At Direct Line Group we have a new “People Strategy” which drives our people to achieve our mission - to make insurance much easier and better value for our customers. We've realigned HR to successfully deliver the People Strategy and we're looking for HR professionals who are keen to be part of this next chapter for our team. This person will be supporting our candidate services function which covers, recruitment, background checking, employee questions/benefits and more.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will secure a permanent, full-time position within our HR department – subject to your performance and completion of studies.
Salary and Hours
- 35 hours per week over Monday to Friday
- £295.75 Weekly (Annual £15,379) and you’ll be eligible for an annual bonus of up to £500 subject to your performance
- 22 days holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays)
Upcoming start date: September 2018
As part of our Candidate Services team you will be supporting candidates and the wider business through the recruitment process, ensuring a first class experience for all.
- Arrange and confirm interview details, and re-schedule as required
- Ensure candidate information is correctly and accurately recorded on our HR systems
- Answer queries that come through via Candidate Services phone line and Candidate Services mailbox – ensuring all queries are responded back to within agreed SLA’s
- Issue contracts of employment for both internal and external hires
- Support wider team with managing team trackers to ensure they’re up to date
- Send ‘Welcome Gifts’ to our offices across the UK for new hires on their day 1
- Complete database checks for all new starters to Direct Line Group
- Support Candidate Services team leaders with ad-hoc tasks
- Highlight ways to improve the processes and services we offer to candidates and people managers
- Enthusiasm and interest in learning – specifically Human Resources
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Respect for confidentiality in a HR environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan, prioritise and be accountable for own work
- Ability to meet deadlines
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!