Junior Underwriting Apprenticeship at Direct Line
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Direct Line
About Direct Line
Home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, Direct Line Group’s mission is to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We want to be known for treating our customers better than anyone else. We want to work in a way that’s more creative and more effective than other companies. And we want our people to lead the industry in every possible way.
Junior Underwriting Apprenticeship
We are looking for Apprentices to join our join our Underwriting department for a 2 year apprenticeship programme in Peterborough.
As well as gaining on-the-job work experience, you can achieve Level 3 Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications in General Insurance and Underwriting.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will secure a permanent, full-time position within our Commercial Underwriting area – subject to your performance and completion of studies.
Minimum of 3 A-Levels, including English, Maths, or equivalent.
Salary and Hours
- 35 hours per week over Monday to Friday
- £295.75 Weekly (Annual £15,379)
- You’ll be eligible for an annual bonus of up to £500 in year 1 and up to £750 in year 2 - dependent on your performance
- 22 days holiday entitlement a year (plus 8 bank holidays)
Purpose of Role
To win and retain profitable business from brokers serviced by the Peterborough eTrading Underwriting Centre and to improve your underwriting and trading skills, delivering a high quality service to our brokers.
Profit & Loss (Financial)
- Delivery of the etrade new Business (£) and Existing Business (£)
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of business issues and fully utilise PUA licence within underwriting guidelines to meet required profit targets
- Meeting and/or exceeding broker service levels and expectations in line with internal service level agreements
- Build relationships with key broker personnel to support business goals
- Develop effective working relationships with Trading Region and Underwriting Centre colleagues to support delivery of eTrade objectives
- Effective usage and timely updates of Tools and Systems, accurate completion of all systems relevant to your role
Learning and Development
- Improving your own contribution through active self development
- Work as part of a team creating a one team approach, identifying, sharing and implementing knowledge and best practice inline with NIG values and strategy
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role, in line with the company risk framework.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Ability to plan, prioritise, and be accountable for own work
- Ability to meet deadlines
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!