About Direct Line
Home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, Direct Line Group’s mission is to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We want to be known for treating our customers better than anyone else. We want to work in a way that’s more creative and more effective than other companies. And we want our people to lead the industry in every possible way.
Panel Beater Apprenticeship
We are looking for Apprentices to join our Accident Repair Centres as Panel Technician apprentices in the following locations –
- Bristol (BS30 7DA)
- Glasgow (G73 1PP)
- Middlewich (CW10 0GY)
- Teeside (TS18 2RS)
This apprenticeship program will enable you to be the next generation in Body Shop technicians to adapt to changing collision repair technologies. This is an exciting opportunity to earn while gaining a Level 3 nationally recognised qualification in Panel Beating.
You will learn the many techniques required for replacing and repairing new age steel, aluminium, plastics and carbon fibre body panels and structural components using state of the art equipment and tools.
DLG Auto Services are part of Direct Line Group and have been operating since 1995; we have grown to 19 sites covering most major cities, repairing around 70,000 accident damaged cars, every year. Our Body Shops have state of the art equipment and tooling and have all achieved the British Standard Kite mark for quality.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will secure a permanent, full-time position – subject to your performance and completion of studies.
Salary and Hours
- 40 hours per week – shifts will be discussed at the interview stage
- Year 1: £4.60/hr (£9,568 per annum)
- Year 2: £8.45/hr (£17,576 per annum) – in line with National Living Wage
- Year 3: £8.45/hr (£17,576 per annum) – subject to National Living Wage
- 22 days holiday entitlement a year (plus 8 bank holidays)
Upcoming start date: August 2018
The successful applicant will be trained in Panel, on a range of vehicle manufacturers, makes, and models through hands-on practice in:
- Removing and fitting non-permanently fixed vehicle body panels
- Removing and replacing exterior motor vehicle panels, including permanently fixed components
- Minor and Major exterior body panel repairs
- Metal Inert Gas and Metal Active Gas (MIG/MAG) welding techniques
- Vehicle construction and materials
- Removing and replacing structural body panels
- Identifying and rectifying vehicle body misalignment
- Realigning damaged vehicles using computerised body jigs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to learn and proactive in maintaining customer standards
- Ability to plan, prioritise, and be accountable for own work
- Ability to meet deadlines and pay attention to detail
- Work experience/prior knowledge is beneficial but not essential
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!