Customer Service Apprenticeship - Manchester at Direct Line
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Direct Line
About Direct Line
Home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, Direct Line Group’s mission is to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We want to be known for treating our customers better than anyone else. We want to work in a way that’s more creative and more effective than other companies. And we want our people to lead the industry in every possible way.
Customer Service Apprenticeship - Manchester
We are looking for Apprentices to join our Sales and Service department for a 2 year apprenticeship programme in Manchester.
As well as gaining on-the-job experience within our customer sales and service team, you will achieve Level 3 Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications in General Insurance and Customer Service.
The joy of working with so many different brands is that they appeal to a huge variety of different people. Your challenge is to do the same. As part of our Customer Service teams you’ll be selling our products, whether that’s travel and pet or motor insurance, is your ultimate aim, but you’ll also help customers by amending, transferring and renewing policies.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will secure a permanent, full-time position within our Sales and Service department – subject to your performance and completion of studies.
Salary and Hours
- 37.5 hours per week over Monday to Sunday. Shift patterns discussed interview stage
- 316.88 Weekly (Annum £16,478)
- You’ll be eligible for a year 1 bonus of up to £500, and a final bonus of up to £750 upon completion of the Apprenticeship Programme - subject to your performance and progress on studies
- 22 days holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays)
Upcoming start dates
When a call comes through, it could be anyone from any walk of life, and you’ll have to adapt your approach accordingly. You’ll follow scripts in certain areas, but how you walk your customers through the process, get to know them, highlight the benefits and match our products to their needs is largely up to you.
- Be the voice of a wide range of market leading insurance brands, including Direct Line and Churchill -- speak to a huge array of customers.
- Selling our products, whether that’s travel and pet or motor insurance
- Help customers by amending, transferring and renewing policies.
We want people to draw on their life experience, personality and individual talents. If you have sales experience, so much the better. Whilst we offer training, broadly speaking, we look for:
- Ability to communicate persuasively
- Sharp thinking and an eye for detail
- Helpfulness and a passion for customer service
- Drive and enthusiasm for meeting targets
- PC literacy
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.