Claims Apprenticeship - Birmingham at Direct Line
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Direct Line
About Direct Line
Home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, Direct Line Group’s mission is to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We want to be known for treating our customers better than anyone else. We want to work in a way that’s more creative and more effective than other companies. And we want our people to lead the industry in every possible way.
Claims Apprenticeship - Birmingham
We are looking for Apprentices to join our Claims departments for a 2 year apprenticeship programme in Birmingham.
As well as gaining practical on-the-job experience within our claims team, you can achieve Level 3 Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications -- studying General Insurance and Insurance Claims Handling.
As a Claims Apprentice you will be responsible for pro-actively managing a motor claim following from the initial registration through to settlement of the claim. You will be dealing with Policyholders as well as Third Parties throughout the process, keeping your customers up to date with any progress.
Salary and Hours
- 35 hours per week over Monday to Sunday. Shift patterns will be discussed at interview stage
- £295.75 Weekly (Annual £15,379) and you’ll be eligible for an annual bonus of up to £500 subject to your performance
- 22 days holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays)
Upcoming Start Dates:
When an important part of a customer's life has been compromised, it’s our claims team they speak to. This can often be a stressful and upsetting situation for our customers, so you need to be a great listener and provide a great service.
- Answering a range of calls, from a variety of different customers
- Capturing accurate and relevant information for insurance claims investigations or claim settlements
- Working through insurance claims across many of our brands, including Direct Line, Green Flag or Churchill
- Taking a methodical approach to each claim, and working through the process with each customer
- Keeping an ear out for any details that need further investigation
- Working with other teams here, as well as third party suppliers, and keeping your customer up to date with any progress.
- Working within regulatory and legal requirements of the FCA as well as keeping the customer experience at the heart of everything you do.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Adherence with all company processes and procedures
- Basic level of numeracy and literacy
- Respect for confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good time-keeping
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!