About Highways England
We received the prestigious Top 100 Apprentice Employer and Regional Best Large Newcomer awards. One of our Human Resources apprentices has just been awarded 4th place in the BBP Apprentice of the Year Awards 2017 for Level 5+.
Project Management Apprentice
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England’s motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It’s why we’re so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
Please note: This is a two year FTC
We are looking to recruit Project Manager Apprentices to work in an Assistant Project Manager capacity on specific projects and provide day-to-day co-ordination and programme support to Project Managers. You will assist the programme teams with the delivery of projects against milestones and targets.
Day to Day
- Monitoring project schedules and budgets, preparing progress reports, and liaising with key stakeholders.
- Project planning and risk and issue management.
- Logging, managing and analysing information on the progress of the project, using Excel and other bespoke databases.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Providing support to project colleagues and supporting with tasks relevant to the project/s
- Keep records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management
- Write letters and send them to appropriate bodies, and receive incoming mails
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Handle requests for information and data
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
You will need to be able to;
- Deliver at Pace
- Make Effective Decisions
- Lead & Communicate
- Manage a Quality Service
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A* to C with, English and Maths at grade B being two of those subjects
- 180/ 112 UCAS points and/ or relevant experience
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!