Business Admin Apprentice at Highways England
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
About Highways England
We received the prestigious Top 100 Apprentice Employer and Regional Best Large Newcomer awards. One of our Human Resources apprentices has just been awarded 4th place in the BBP Apprentice of the Year Awards 2017 for Level 5+.
Business Admin Apprentice
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England’s motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It’s why we’re so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
Please note: This is a two year Fixed Term Contract
We are looking to recruit Business Administration Apprentices who will be provide flexible business support, as may be required to deliver projects and work streams to time, quality and within budget. You will manage specific pieces of work to meet objectives, ensuring relevant policies and procedures are followed.
Day to day:
- Carry out the role and live the Highways England values in a way that leads to increasing levels of internal and external customer satisfaction
- Undertake all aspects of business administration such as answering the telephone, dealing with enquiries, dealing with paperwork and communicating with colleagues / customers.
- Rotate around the directorate, spending time in various teams learning different aspects of the work undertaken as part of a wider understanding of Highways England.
- Work towards achieving the qualifications of the apprenticeship programme.
- To help promote Highway England’s apprentice programme by assisting at careers and apprentice fairs in the locality, and get involved in project working with other apprentices to support and lead events for National Apprentice Week.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations around working safely and deliver the highest standards of customer care
- Be a pro-active member of the team; continually seeking to improve and develop your own skills and the performance of the team.
- Seek to improve processes, keeping value for money as a focus.
- Operate within and comply with our policies, procedures and values at all times
- Delivering at Pace
- Making Effective Decisions
- Leading & Communicating
- Managing a Quality Service
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A* to C with, English and Maths at grade B being two of those subjects
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.