Apprenticeship+ Programme at Laing O'Rourke
Connect with Laing O'Rourke
About Laing O'Rourke
We are Laing O'Rourke. We design, manufacture, engineer and build iconic buildings and complex infrastructure projects used by millions of people every day. We're challenging the industry with innovative design and delivery techniques. We're changing the way we work, using the very latest digital tools and platforms.
As a Laing O'Rourke apprentice you will work through a structured programme that will take between two and four years depending on your apprenticeship choice. The programme will combine practical onsite experience, academic learning at college and a series of bespoke personal development modules.
As part of the Apprenticeship+ programme, you will be expected to achieve a level 2 or 3 apprenticeship standard or NVQ framework. You will attend college on either a block or day release format, depending on the college you are assigned to.
Your apprenticeship journey will be supported by experienced trades people and construction professionals, with a dedicated mentor and apprentice officer that will work closely with you, providing regular feedback on your progress towards completing your apprenticeship. You will benefit from highly competitive rates of pay, and will work on some of the most exciting projects in the UK.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for exceptional candidates to fill roles within the following areas: please note we do not have all trades available in all areas due to stages of our projects so please ensure your chosen trade and location is listed before applying.
- Scaffolder - London
- Steelfixer - London
- Carpenter - London
- Heating & Ventilation Installation - London
- Electrician - London
- Plumber - London
- Plant Fitter - St Neots
- Electrical Plant Engineer - St Noets
- Plant Maintenance - St Neots
- Welder - Oldbury
- Plumber - Cheshire
- Electrician - Cheshire
- Carpenter - Manchester
- Steelfixer - Manchester
- Concreter - Manchester
- Scaffolder - Manchester
- Plumber - Manchester
- Heating & Ventilation Installation - Manchester
- Electrician - Manchester
- Steelfixer - Gwent
- Scaffolder - Gwent
- Carpenter - Gwent
- Production Manufacturing Operative - Worksop
We are looking for people with a genuine interest in construction and the built environment. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and ambitious, with the potential to progress to a supervisory / management role over a five-to-ten-year period.
You will also need to meet the following criteria:
- Eligibility without restrictions to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable;
- Full mobility to enable travel to various project locations;
- Attainment of three to five GCSEs or equivalent (number and level will depend on role).
There are three stages to our Apprenticeship+ programme recruitment process:
- Stage 1 - online application. Once we receive your application, it will be reviewed and, if successful, you will receive an email inviting you to complete stage two of the selection process.
- Stage 2 - online tests. We may require you (depending on the role) to complete a series of verbal reasoning, diagrammatical and numerical online tests. If successful, you will receive an invite to stage three of the selection process.
- Stage 3 - interview/assessment centre. You will be invited to attend an interview or an assessment centre (depending on the role) at one of our offices across the UK. Your assessment could include a structured interview, a group discussion, manual dexterity exercise and an individual presentation exercise. At this stage you will also be asked to undergo a drugs and alcohol test.
Providing you are successful at this stage, you will receive a written, formal offer of employment. This will be a provisional offer that is subject to your qualifications, successful reference checks and passing the H&S touch screen test. We recruit for the Apprenticeship+ programme on an ongoing basis until all roles are filled. We therefore encourage you to apply early.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!