About pladis Global
pladis is one of the world's leading global biscuit and chocolate company and owner of a family of iconic brands including: McVities, Ulker, Jacobs, Carrs and DeMets. Headquartered in the UK, pladis is part of the Yildiz Holding group, the largest company in CEEMEA. (Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa).
Engineering Technician Apprentice - Harlesden
Through a combination of on the job and college based learning, Engineering Technician Apprentices will develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours to become a successful Food & Drink Engineering Technician for pladis.
This will provide valuable knowledge of both the food and drink industry and our organisation, as well as the engineering skills required to complete a City & Guilds qualification. On completion of the apprenticeship, the apprentice will become an Engineering Technician, with a diverse set of responsibilities including the following:
- Being part of a skilled and experienced team.
- Working with mechanical and electrical equipment as well as automated control systems, carry out planned and preventative maintenance, undertake fault finding and diagnosis.
- Championing continuous improvement through involvement in our pladis Excellence programme.
- Ensuring all activities are undertaken safely and in line with food safety standards and legislative requirements.
The starting salary for this vacancy is £14,000 per annum, this will be subject to increase as the apprenticeship progresses.
- Desired skills: An aptitude for fault finding and mechanical comprehension.
- Personal qualities: Drive, initiative and a genuine interest in a career in engineering.
- Desired qualifications: 4 GCSEs or equivalent (actual or predicted) at grades A* - C or 9 - 4, including English. Additionally, Maths GCSE or equivalent at grades A*- B or 9 - 5.
Future career prospects:
- Engineering Technician
- Area Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Team Manager
Things to consider:
You will be studying at James Watt Campus, Birmingham Metropolitan College with other pladis Engineering Apprentices from around the UK. This is a block release programme where you will undertake learning at college followed by the opportunity to implement your learning in the workplace. Whilst attending college you will be required to stay in accommodation which is local to the college. pladis will provide you with this accommodation.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!