Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. Operating in over 75 countries, the firm draws on the expertise of 18,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development.
Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with over 140 partners and 1750 staff serving clients from 19 offices.
Mazars is a positively different firm. Differentiated by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business, we are entrepreneurs with a strong European heritage. We are proud of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
As a Tax Apprentice you will be supporting the team with the preparation of high quality tax compliance services for a portfolio of clients.
Our clients range from owner managed businesses, private clients, to large corporates. Our clients operate in a broad range of sectors, for example retail, media, financial services, infrastructure, real estate and many more.
There will be an opportunity to specialise within either Corporate Tax or Private Client Tax. The team has a philosophy of continuous process improvement and looks to all team members to input ideas for potential enhancements to the client experience and/or team profitability.
Your time will be split between meeting clients, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
As a Tax Apprentice, your typical daily duties will include:
- Preparing tax returns, tax disclosures for statutory accounts, and other calculations/documentation for companies as part of the tax compliance process;
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of our clients;
- Assisting seniors and managers with research, reports and other client deliverables;
- Liaising with the wider Mazars team, for example, the audit team, to collect information on our clients for the tax compliance services or to determine other services we can provide to our clients;
- Attending in-house technical training sessions.
- To help the team grow gross revenues and increase market share by differentiating our services, and by making the most of the external and internal market opportunities.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
- Produces accurate and timely work;
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness;
- Ability to build relationships;
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas;
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge;
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
Academic Requirements – School Leavers
- Should be studying towards A Levels, Scottish Highers, AAT or equivalent.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
Training Contract & Study Support
School Leavers: We will fund for you to study towards the ATT qualification. Upon successful completion of your ATT, we may support you to study towards ACA or CTA.
You will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
Start date: September 2018
Role available in: Glasgow, Leeds, Birmingham and Sutton
Salary: £17,500 - £19,500
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!