Start a career like no other. Working at Mace enables you to make your mark on the world – delivering projects that improve lives, grow communities and inspire new generations.
From managing the construction of a new hospital, to regenerating a town that brings people together, to developing iconic buildings that transform the landscape, as a Mace trainee or apprentice you’ll get hands-on experience working on amazing projects alongside industry leading professionals.
Project Management - Consultancy Apprenticeship
Mace have a vision to be the industry leader in helping shape cities and build sustainable communities. As an apprentice working in project management, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the whole lifecycle of a construction project, from when a client has an idea through to handing over the finished project and then supporting our clients manage the property or building on an ongoing basis. These projects could be in a variety of sectors, for example it could be a school, hospital, home, office or retail outlet.
Project management involves managing the cost, quality and programme of a project to ensure it is delivered on time, within budget and to the client's expectations. The project manager represents and advises the client at all stages of the project, keeping them briefed and making sure their views are communicated to the team. You will be involved in every stage of the project lifecycle supporting senior project managers in:
- Establishing the client's requirements and developing this into a client brief
- Working with architects, engineers, and clients to develop the design of the project
- Preparing bid documents needed to help the client select which contractor should manage the build of the project
- Administering contracts
- Building relationships with key stakeholders who might be affected by the build of the project, such as the local community
- Producing and monitoring project programmes to ensure the project is delivered on time
- Communicating regularly with the team responsible for managing the physical build of the project, including construction managers, subcontractors and quantity surveyors - your role throughout the construction phase will involve recording, reporting and helping to resolve problems that might arise
- Producing various reports to update the client on progress and budget
- Closing out and handing over the completed project to the client so they can use the building.
Project management apprentices are supported in working to achieve either a Level 4 Diploma in Project Management (APM) or a Level 3 Surveying Diploma (RICS). We will be deciding which qualification will enable you to get the best construction project management training and is the most relevant course to help you develop in the role.
At Mace we will guide you in working to achieve Associate Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (AssocRICS) and/or entry level membership of the Association of Project Managers (APM) to support your ongoing development into a high performing project manager. From there your career can continue to develop to positions of greater responsibility and leadership.
Project management apprenticeships are available in Birmingham and London.
- Grade CCC from three A Levels (or equivalent UCAS points) or a construction-related Level 3 BTEC Diploma at MMM grade or above
- Six GCSEs grade C or above including mathematics and english (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
- We welcome qualifications from around the world: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!