Start a career like no other. Working at Mace enables you to make your mark on the world – delivering projects that improve lives, grow communities and inspire new generations.
From managing the construction of a new hospital, to regenerating a town that brings people together, to developing iconic buildings that transform the landscape, as a Mace trainee or apprentice you’ll get hands-on experience working on amazing projects alongside industry leading professionals.
Construction Management - Trainee Construction Supervisor
Como is a specialist fit out contractor that prides itself on employing the most talented people in the industry. Como has a long and successful history within the fit out industry and has gained a reputation for innovation and best practice. With over fourteen years in the sector, they have built up an enviable portfolio of work in helping our clients create high-quality, inspirational workplaces and are an integral part of the international consultancy and construction company, Mace Group.
Como delivers fit out from shell and core, Cat A and existing spaces together with light refurbishment. We're a flexible partner, delivering projects of differing sizes and under all forms of contract. Como brings truly specialised teams to complex fit out challenges - and our ability to deliver in occupied and operational spaces efficiently and safely is second to none.
Our mission is to be a positive force for change in the fit out and refurbishment sector, to be respected and trusted in the construction industry, and to be famed for building valuable, lasting customer relationships.
Construction managers are at the "sharp end" of project delivery working on site. A construction manager will be involved from the pre-construction/planning stage right through to project handover and sometimes beyond.
As a trainee construction manager your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the production of short term construction plans.
- Assisting with the procurement of trade/sub-contractors.
- Assisting in project start up and preconstruction stages.
- Assisting in the daily control, management and coordination of site activity.
- Keeping a detailed diary of works planned and actually carried out by trade/sub-contractors.
- Checking sub-contractor works, benchmarking and quality control
- Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is received, reviewed and communicated where necessary.
- Contributing to site progress meetings with trade/sub-contractors
- Ensuring health & safety is adhered to onsite, including site inspections and conducting site inductions.
- Assisting Construction Managers with various elements of the build
- Establishing key relationships with the trade contractors, setting up clear lines of communication to coordinate labour and help address issues that may arise
Trainee Construction Managers are sponsored through a 2 year HNC at a London-based university (one day a week on campus). Once this is achieved, apprentices are enrolled onto an NVQ Level 6 to allow them to start working towards their CIOB qualification.
Construction Management apprenticeships are available in London.
- A minimum of grade CCC from three A Levels (or equivalent UCAS points) or a construction-related Level 3 BTEC Diploma at MMM grade or above
- Six GCSEs grade C or above including mathematics and English (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
- We welcome qualifications from around the world: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Mace Group
- Mace Group
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5)