MBDA is a world leader in missiles and missile systems, consisting of a multinational integrated group with 10,000+ employees across France, UK, Italy, Germany, Spain and the USA. Through mastering cutting-edge precision technologies, developing and producing new products, MBDA is the only European Group capable of designing and producing missiles and missile systems to meet current and future operational requirements for the three armed forces (Army, Navy, Air Force). With the constant changing specifications arising from increasingly complex engagement scenarios, our innovative solutions guarantee customers an unrivalled product portfolio.
Information Systems (IS) Analyst Sponsored Degree Apprenticeship - Stevenage
MBDA offers a four-year degree programme for its Information Systems apprentices. It is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a growing IT systems team and gain hands on experience within the IT sector, focussing on the IS support function, who are responsible in the delivery of Business and Enterprise applications within MBDA.
What you will be doing
Our IT apprentices will study towards a Bachelor's degree in Business Studies at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield on a day release basis. The remainder of the week will be spent within our IT systems function undertaking rotational placements with a key focus on IS business support, whilst earning a competitive salary and access to all of the company benefits.
This unique way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification, as well as gain hands on experience within a professional and friendly workplace.
The majority of the scheme will be spent with the supporting the IS analyst function, working with each area within Information Systems to deliver business and enterprise solutions. In addition to the time within the IS function, short placements will be undertaken within IT function to aid your understanding of IT systems within MBDA.
As well as challenging placements apprentices have the opportunity to undertake developmental training, including two week-long residential courses in Wales to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills, and they attend a two day career development workshop towards the end of the scheme. We also offer opportunities for our apprentices to support STEM activities, such as school career fairs, and onsite challenges for school pupils such as the robot rumble.
On commencing employment you will attend an induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with fellow new-starters, and integrate into the business. You'll be provided with formal advice and guidance throughout the scheme by Human Resources, Information Technology managers across the business and a trained mentor.
What are the benefits for you?
- Fully funded Business Studies Degree
- Specialist IT training delivered externally to MBDA.
- On the job training and technical support
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador
- Personal development events and experiences
- Flexi Time scheme
- 25 days holiday plus all statutory and public holidays
- £14,000 starting salary with competitive annual pay reviews of up to £4,000, dependent upon performance both within the business and at university/college
What's great about joining MBDA?
- A breadth of experience and support available which include a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members.
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment, aimed at aiding your learning and development.
What we are looking for from you?
- Candidates are expected to have a keen interest in Information Systems and 120 UCAS points either via a BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma (DDM or above) or 3 A levels.
- Candidates must also have GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 (or C) or above
- A dedicated attitude and be comfortable taking the initiative.
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to balance workload between further education and work commitments
What you would get:
- MBDA offers a competitive salary and bonus scheme, flexible working hours, generous holiday, a wealth of sporting and social activities, fantastic site facilities, excellent learning and development opportunities, a comprehensive pension scheme, a bonus scheme, and more
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!