Manufacturing Apprenticeship - Warrington at Unilever
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Unilever
Do you want to kick-start your career in one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies? Every day, 2.5 billion people in 190 countries buy and use our products including Persil, Dove, Magnum, Hellman’s, Marmite and Lynx.
Why not kick-start your career with the Engineering Apprenticeship at Unilever? Getting an ice cream like Magnum into the hands of a consumer in the right condition at the right time and price is very much at the heart of what we do!
The Unilever Multi-Skilled Engineering Apprenticeship is your opportunity to a career in one of our World-Class Factories.
Main Job Purpose
The Manufacturing Apprenticeship is ideal for everyone who enjoys working with their hands and has a real interest in manufacturing.
As a Technical Operator you’ll learn how to make world-famous products using our machinery. The Technical Operator makes sure that their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials and well-maintained. They are required to perform repairs and drive continuous improvement.
About the Programme
The Manufacturing Apprenticeship lasts two years and incorporates the National Apprenticeship Standard as well as Unilever specific technology modules and personal development programmes.
You'll spend two years being trained by our experts on how to operate within a production environment. You’ll also learn about areas such as quality, safety, health and environment, innovation and sustainability. You will develop manufacturing skills and gain world class experience in a range of different technologies.
On completion of your apprenticeship you will attain: Level 2 NVQ Engineering Maintenance and Level 3 Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (A-C) or above or equivalent including English, Maths and Science / Technology / Engineering related subject please state your predicted grade in your application if you have yet to receive your result.
- Interest in manufacturing/production and technology.
- This is the next step in your career and with it comes accountability and responsibility. You will be working while you study and you will need to show you have the commitment and initiative to manage the pressures that this will bring.
- You should have a passion to succeed and an ability to meet deadlines both at work and with your studies. You should be prepared to take on challenging work outside of your comfort zone.
- You’ll be an individual with plenty of drive and self-motivation who enjoys working within a team.
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Start date: September 2018
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!