Software Developer Apprenticeship at Unilever
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Unilever
Do you want to kick-start your career in one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies? Every day, 2.5 billion people in 190 countries buy and use our products including Persil, Dove, Magnum, Hellman’s, Marmite and Lynx.
Software Developer Apprenticeship
Have a passion for IT?
Enjoy testing code and analysing the results?
Want to develop your IT skills in a global organisation?
Unilever have fantastic Software Developer apprenticeship opportunities within our IT function. With thorough training and a dedicated line manager you'll gain valuable work experience, on-the-job training AND earn a salary - without any tuition fees!
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Writing code in at least one language.
- Developing user interfaces for at least one channel
- Linking code to the database/data sets
- Applying structured techniques to problem solving
- Creating simple data models and software design
Where are they based?
Port Sunlight (close to Liverpool and Chester) and Kingston
Who fits the bill?
We look for apprentices who….
- Have at least five GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above that include English Language and ideally either ICT or Science.
- Have or are predicted, a minimum of two A Levels, or a Level 3 Apprenticeship, or other equivalent qualification or experience.
- Have a genuine interest in business IT and solving technical problems.
- Can work as part of a team, so excellent communication skills and teamwork are essential, as are an ability to organise a varied workload.
- Contribute their ideas and think for themselves.
- Are up for a challenge, can use their own initiative to solve problems, and can demonstrate good attention to detail.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Apprenticeship for Software Developer Level 4.
At the end of the programme, the apprentice has the option to register on the BCS Technician Register at SFIA (Skills Framework for the Information Age) Level 3.
Duration: 18 - 20 months
When does it start?: 3rd September 2018
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!