Why not kick-start your career with the Engineering Apprenticeship at Unilever? Getting an ice cream like Magnum into the hands of a consumer in the right condition at the right time and price is very much at the heart of what we do!
The Unilever Multi-Skilled Engineering Apprenticeship is your opportunity to a career in one of our World-Class Factories.
Main job purpose
Our 3-year programme will allow you to become a Multi-Skilled Engineer engaged to optimize the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur the Multi – Skilled Engineer will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements.
This apprenticeship leads to BTEC Lev 3 Diploma in Engineering; NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance. Upon completion there is the opportunity for our apprentices to progress to higher education apprenticeship.
Our programme is externally accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology [IET].
About the programme
Our apprentices follow 3-year Development Road Map which incorporates the National Apprenticeship Standard as well as the Unilever specific technology modules and personal development programme. You will gain engineering skills and get experience in a range of different Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control technologies.
You'll spend the first year as a full-time student at one of our selected college providers. For the next two years, our programme requires in-house and external training courses, college block release.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (A-C) or above or equivalent including English, Maths and Science / Technology / Engineering related subject (Grade 5 (B) or above in Maths is desirable); please state your predicted grade in your application if you have yet to receive your result.
- This is the next step in your career and with it comes accountability and responsibility. You will be working while you study and you will need to show you have the commitment and initiative to manage the pressures that this will bring.
- You should have a passion to succeed and an ability to meet deadlines both at work and with your studies. You should be prepared to take on challenging work outside of your comfort zone.
- Applicants must be passionate and enthusiastic about engineering.
- You’ll be an individual with plenty of drive and self-motivation who enjoys working within a team.
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Start date: September 2018
- Trafford Park
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please enter unique Job ID to search apprenticeship by location.
Burton Job ID - 180001N7
Gloucester Job ID - 180001FG
Leeds Job ID - 180001X9
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Unilever
Unilever made the life-changing move from college to work so easy. I get a real buzz from my role –...