Highways Maintenance Technician Apprentice - Aberdeen at Balfour Beatty
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
About Balfour Beatty
With some careers, you know exactly what to expect. That’s not the case with an apprenticeship at Balfour Beatty. With us, you get the chance to reshape our world.
We go beyond the build to ensure real value in everything we do – from creating national infrastructure to major services at the heart of everyday life. We always ensure our work has a positive impact on the environment and the communities we work in.
Highways Maintenance Technician Apprentice
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Highways Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship scheme for a two year fixed term contract. Highways Maintenance Apprentices will be required to work as part of a versatile highways team, delivering both reactive highway maintenance and planned highway works. Out of hours emergency response and winter maintenance duties are also part of the role.
What you'll be doing
As a Highways Maintenance Apprentice, you will:
- Deliver Highways works efficiently and safely for the local area
- Liaising with members of the client team and Public to ensure that the client’s needs are met
- Working as part of a team to deliver reactive, emergency and other types of highways works in all weathers
- Responsible for onsite Health and Safety at all times
- Assisting in the delivery of the annual winter maintenance programme (Sept – April)
- Out of Hours Standby (on a rota basis)
Who we're looking for
- Have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s A*- C (or equivalent) coupled with an interest in Highways Maintenance.
- Be focused on delivering high quality highway works, safely and to budget.
- An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety is a must.
- Having a flexible approach to your working day and be willing to work out of hours when required is essential.
- You will have a willingness to learn.
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
Why work for us
We offer a competitive salary, flexible benefits package and a travel allowance if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.