The Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl) ensures that our innovative science and technology contribute to the defence and security of the UK. We provide the UK Government with specialist science and technology research, advice and analysis – much of which is operationally critical with the potential to save many lives.
Associate Project Management Apprenticeship
Do you want a role where you can show off your organisational skills?
We have an exciting opportunity to join Dstl as an Associate Project Manager Apprentice. You will get to work with our Project Managers in delivering exciting projects giving science and technology support to Defence customers.
This apprenticeship will enable you to:
- Be exposed to the major Project Management processes and you will provide a key role in supporting successful execution of these.
- Learn what needs to be achieved, how it will be done, how long it will take and how much it will cost, and you will work with the team to achieve the required outcomes.
- Act as the first point of contact for the project documentation, providing information to provide control and ensure availability of records in accordance with the Dstl’s Management System.
- Have an up to date knowledge of the project
- Maintain awareness of corporate project management procedures, identifying necessary changes required in the control of projects where appropriate.
- Coordinate the planning and scheduling of project management requirements and reviews, liaising with all relevant project team members and customers.
Platform Systems or Defence & Security Analysis (DSA)
There are vacancies to join either our Platform Systems or Defence & Security Analysis (DSA) division, at our Portsdown West site, Fareham.
Platform Systems Division supports the Ministry of Defence and other government departments in a broad range of ground breaking technical research areas. We respond to current and future demands ensuring that the UK retains a battle-winning advantage. Our work is about delivering, sustaining and improving our military capability for the UK in key areas:
- Survivability - we safeguard our armoured vehicles, warships and aircraft against the harshest combat environments
- Weapons - where our research delivers the most advanced weapon capabilities for our armed services
- Systems - we ensure that all the latest advanced equipment operates together seamlessly on our warships, military vehicles, and aircraft
Defence & Security Analysis (DSA) Division brings together people with expertise in human systems, training, modelling and simulation, systems thinking and analysis. We lead Dstl’s Support to Operations and our research programmes provide analysis and cross-cutting innovative research for customers across Defence and Security.
The level 4 Associate Project Manager apprenticeship (equivalent to certificate of higher education) will be a 2 year fixed term appointment.
Minimum age requirement is 18 years, plus five GCSEs at Grade C or higher including English and Maths (or equivalent), and hold a minimum of 120 UCAS points or equivalent / A Level or Level 3 qualification in a similar subject.
Due to the reserved nature of this role, it is only open to UK Nationals who have lived in this country for more than five years. All posts require standard Security Clearance (SC).
Either before or during the apprenticeship, apprentices need to achieve Level 2 qualifications in English and Maths prior to taking end point assessment (EPA).
Upon commencement of the apprenticeship you may become student members of the Association for Project Management (APM) as the first step of professional membership.
Starting salary is circa £15,000 per annum and the apprenticeship is on a 2 year fixed term basis.
Benefits of working at DSTL
In return for playing your part in the UK’s Defence and Security, we offer extensive benefits, it’s not just your working environment that we’ve thought about, your home life is important too. We'll provide a great range of benefits including;
- Flexible working
- Chartership and accreditation support
- Generous annual leave
- A competitive salary
- Excellent learning and development
- Onsite gyms and restaurants
- Staff discounts for high street and online shopping, restaurants and days out
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below. To find the role, select 'Show more' and enter the following reference number: 1572394Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from DSTL
Dstl has always intrigued me with the things that it is involved in and also how its work contributes to...