About Balfour Beatty
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Cambridge.
Take a look at what we do:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
Street Lighting Apprenticeship
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as a Street Lighting Apprentice. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty Living Places offers a comprehensive training programme in Street Lighting Installation and Maintenance with the opportunity of completing industry vocational qualifications. This apprenticeship will last for 4 years.
This training programme is designed for candidates who would enjoy working on various Street Lighting Installation and maintenance as part of a small team.
Balfour Beatty Living Places are working in partnership with local councils as part of the delivery of this project, including the installation and maintenance.
The structured training programme combines attending a local college to complete an advanced apprenticeship in electrical installation and on-site experience.
Your responsibilities as a Street Lighting Apprentice will include:
- Test and inspect new installations, issue certificates and initial insertion of cut-out fuse
- Install electrical equipment and wire only
- Terminate and joint cables
- Routine general electrical maintenance
- Diagnose fault on equipment and replace faulty components
- Locating faults on underground cables
- Visual inspection: optical, structural and electrical
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s A*-C (or equivalent) coupled with an interest in Street Lighting.
- You will be focused on delivering high quality street lighting works, safely and to budget.
- An understanding of Health and Safety is a must, along with a flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to learn.
- You'll behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- You'll always do what is right
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!