About Balfour Beatty
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in either Birmingham, Scotland, Watford, Manchester/ Cheadle, East Anglia, Warwickshire and Herefordshire.
Take a look at what we do:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
Trainee Quantity Surveyor Apprenticeship
As a Trainee Quantity Surveyor you will follow a training programme as part of our RICS-accredited Degree Apprenticeship, geared towards you achieving Chartered Surveyor status with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. The Assessment of Professional Competence process for MRICS is included in the final assessment process for this Apprenticeship and will lead to the designatory letters MRICS and the status of Chartered Surveyor.
Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based. Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. As the programme progresses you will have increased responsibility for the financial and legal management of construction projects. Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
The following qualifications will be gained:
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- You will attend college and university on a day or block release basis during the Apprenticeship.
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is five years but this may depend on your previous experience and qualifications. .
Your responsibilities as a Trainee Quantity Surveyor include:
- To manage and lead the cost aspects complex construction projects
- To ensure that comprehensive study has been undertaken of the whole life aspects of the project and the understanding of the client’s needs
- To manage the selection of the specialist contractors for the project
- To ensure that disputes are minimised and settled amicably for all parties
- To manage the commercial success of a project for all stakeholders
Who we’re looking for:
- 5 GCSE's grade A-C (or equivalent)
- 3 A-Levels (or equivalent), including Maths A-Level at grade A-C
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
- As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry.
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Balfour Beatty
- Balfour Beatty
- Apprenticeship - Intermediate Level (Level 2)