Higher Operations Apprentice - Bolton at MBDA
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
MBDA is a world leader in missiles and missile systems, consisting of a multinational integrated group with 10,000+ employees across France, UK, Italy, Germany, Spain and the USA. Through mastering cutting-edge precision technologies, developing and producing new products, MBDA is the only European Group capable of designing and producing missiles and missile systems to meet current and future operational requirements for the three armed forces (Army, Navy, Air Force). With the constant changing specifications arising from increasingly complex engagement scenarios, our innovative solutions guarantee customers an unrivalled product portfolio.
Higher Operations Apprentice - Bolton
MBDA are looking for the skilled workforce of the future. Therefore this four year programme offers a fantastic opportunity for you to join an accredited apprenticeship scheme that has developed some of the leading apprentices in the UK.
What you will be doing
Operations apprentices study towards a HNC and possibly a HND at Wigan & Leigh College on day release, and work within our business on rotational placements the rest of the week. This unique way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification as well as gain hands on learning experience within a professional and friendly workplace. This programme also allows you to study towards an NVQ Level 3 in Engineering. Candidates are all trained to solder to internationally recognised standards.
Candidates will work with others to learn and develop ensuring a long term career in manufacturing.
This "hands-on" four year programme includes placements around the business in:
- Printed Electrical Circuit Manufacturing
- Cable Manufacturing
- Missile Assembly
- Missile Integration
- Missile Test
- Calibration & Maintenance
As well as challenging placements apprentices have the opportunity to undertake developmental training, including two week-long residential courses in Wales to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills, and they attend a two day career development workshop towards the end of the scheme. We also offer opportunities for our apprentices to support STEM activities, such as school career events & fairs.
On commencing employment you will attend an induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with fellow new-starters and integrate into the business. Formal advice and guidance is also offered and you will undertake a range of personal development activities promoting teamwork, communication, presentation and leadership skills. This will also include formal advice and guidance throughout the scheme by Human Resources, Operations Managers across the business and a trained mentor.
What are the benefits for you?
- Fully funded HNC in Electrical Engineering, with the possibility of a HND if required by the business
- On the job training and technical support
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador
- Personal development events and experiences
- Flexi Time scheme
- 25 days holiday plus statutory and public holidays
What's great about joining MBDA?
- A breadth of experience and support available which include a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members and managers.
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan shop floor environment and laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development.
What we are looking for from you?
- Candidates are expected to have a minimum of 5 GCSEs including Maths, English and Science at grade 4 or above or the equivalent 96 UCAS points at BTEC or 3 A-Levels (at Grade C or above) that must include Maths and another STEM subject such as Physics or Chemistry.
- Candidates must have a good attention to details, have dexterity for fine work, calm and patient nature, and be confident in learning with a "Can Do" attitude.
- A dedicated attitude.
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to balance workload between college and work commitments
What you would get:
- MBDA offers a competitive salary (starting salary of £14,000 with annual pay reviews of up to £4,000 dependent upon performance both within the business and at university/college) bonus scheme, flexible working hours, generous holiday, a wealth of sporting and social activities, fantastic site facilities, excellent learning and development opportunities, a comprehensive pension scheme, a bonus scheme, and more
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.