There are few more important jobs than ensuring our Government's communications are totally secure - a responsibility that falls to the talented and dedicated team at HMGCC.
A creative powerhouse and centre of excellence, we deliver bespoke communications systems, applications, hardware and software to meet the Government’s unique requirements, taking care of everything from research and design to development and production.
Our site at Hanslope Park in Milton Keynes includes a brand new, purpose built, state-of-the-art manufacturing plant, and is home to technology professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds. From Software Developers and Mechanical Engineers to systems specialists and electronic experts, they bring together diverse talents and generate a constant stream of ground-breaking ideas.
To fuel that pioneering spirit and foster those ideas, we give everyone who works with us access to exceptional training and development, an outstanding working environment and the very best technology available. Including those who join us on our four apprenticeship programmes:
Computing & Systems Development Apprenticeships
- Two-year programme leading to a Software Test Technician’s role
- Includes study towards BTEC HNC and NVQ Level 4 qualifications
- Requires five GCSEs , grade C or above, including Maths, English and Science, plus A Level Maths at grade B or above (or equivalent)
Electrical & Electronic Engineering Apprenticeships
- Two streams – one two-year leading to an Electronics Technician’s role, one three-year leading to a role in Automated PCB Assembly
- Includes study towards BTEC HNC/HND and NVQ Level 3 qualifications
- Requires 5 GCSEs , grade C or above including Maths, English and Science. Plus, for the two-year programme, A Levels in Maths and a science subject at grade C or above (or equivalent)
Mechanical Design Engineering Apprenticeships
- Two-year programme leading to a Mechanical Design Engineer’s role
- Includes study towards BTEC HND and NVQ Level 3 qualifications
- Requires A Levels in Maths and a science subject at grade C or above, plus five GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths, English and Science (or equivalent)
Mechanical Manufacturing Apprenticeships
- Three-year programme leading to a Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer’s role
- Includes study towards BTEC HNC and NVQ Level 3 qualifications
- Requires five GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths, English and Science (or equivalent)
All four programmes offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Not least of which is the chance to work alongside and learn from the best in the industry. Perhaps the most compelling reason for joining us, however, is the chance to be involved in a wide range of fascinating and challenging work that’s of truly national importance.