Civil Engineering Technician Apprentice Sanna Shabir
What have been your key achievements since joining Atkins?
I have had a variety of key achievements since joining Atkins. Few of my key achievements have been:
- Winning the Apprentice of the Year Award for the Consultancy and Engineering Awards 2016.
- Being shortlisted for Apprentice of the Year Award for the Builder & Engineer Awards 2015.
- Achieving a Distinction grade for my BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment.
- Launching a new community programme (Pathways to Engineering) with the Chairman of Atkins, Allan Cook in front of 200+ industry leaders and the Mayor of London. Pathways to Engineering has its roots in Atkins’ London 2012 legacy promise as well as responding to the nationwide skills deficit all UK Engineering companies are facing. The programme provides work experience, training and support for young people, parents and teachers to help guide career choices and improve employment prospects.
- Being interviewed for BBC London Tonight to promote apprenticeships in Engineering.
- Working on life changing projects like Crossrail
What attracted you to Atkins?
Knowing that they are one of the largest global multidisciplinary design and engineering consultancies! Also after conducting further research about Atkins my attraction to the company began to grow even more! They had a great deal of involvement on the London 2012 Olympics development project - a project, which has impacted my life immensely.
What other activities have you been involved with?
Since joining Atkins I have become a STEM ambassador and an Atkins Apprentice Professional Ambassador in order to promote apprenticeships in engineering across the UK. These roles have allowed me to visit schools and give students an insight of what engineering is about as well as the benefits of taking on an apprenticeship and inspiring them to improve the built environment.More Experiences
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!