Technician Apprentice at BAE Systems

Portsmouth
9th June 2015

7.9/10

I complete rotations around the buisness on a 4 monthly basis where I get the opportunity to work in a variety of departments. I am currently on a placement in Production Engineering which I am enjoying very much. My day to day role involves investigating problems, participating and chairing in meetings, constructing detailed reports and proposals and always innovative thinking.

The skills which I have developed and learnt are: networking, communication, report writing, investigation and problem solving.

I really do enjoy the programme which I am curerntly on due to the nature of the work and also the variety available. I have so far worked in 5 different areas (including this one) and all have been different and educational. I would definitely recommend this programme.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

Despite being a 2nd year apprentice I have the opportunity to partake and chair man meetings and undertake work which will aid the developement of the buisness so I do feel very valued by the BAE Systems.

The programme is well structured. I feel as though the work to college balance is correct to ensure that we participate in work activities whilst maintaining our achedemic studies.

Our training provider is always available to provide support on a multitude of levels; on a personal level, to assisting our personal developement.

Through our employer, several spokes persons and mentors are available to support us through our apprenticeship.

I am very happy to recieve the opportunity to work within BAE Systems and receive the chance to get to study for my HNC and HND. I believe the salary does reflect our work input to the company which I am very appreciative for.

STEM events and activities are widely available to partake in outside of work hours if we wish too.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

The opportunity it has provided me to develope my personal and professional skills; the chance to learn and earn simultaneously; the variety in the work I am involved with.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

Show that you have a good work ethic and that you are willing to maintain it if you are successful. There is no such thing as a silly question!