Technical Apprentice (Hardware Engineering) at BAE Systems

Rochester

9.1/10

I am working in hardware engineering. On a day-to-day basis, I complete circuit design, fault finding and other testing. I'm also involved in design decisions and procurement.

Yes, many new skills. Soldering, electronics knowledge, fault finding skills and many others. I've also built on my existing knowledge of designing and building circuits.

I enjoy my programme a huge amount. It teaches me the skills I need to further my career, and I enjoy the work I do. The work is challenging but also exciting and interesting.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

Very valued. A large amount of money is put into my development, and I feel as though they value what I bring to the company.

Very well organised. We complete NVQ qualifications alongside national certificates as part of our framework. We are also given one years training off site, to prepare us for employment at BAE systems.

Enough. We are given support if required, but not always to the depth or precision which is desired.

As much as I require. There are many highly knowledgable people whom I can rely on to support me through my apprenticeship programme.

I am able to live comfortably on my salary.

Yes. We are given a wide variety of opportunities outside of work.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

A fantastic programme which opens up a wide number of opportunities for your future career, whether that be at BAE Systems, or elsewhere.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

Ensure you act professionally.