Technical Apprentice at BAE Systems

Rochester
8th June 2015

9.6/10

My role as a technical apprentice includes general suport of varying departments around the site, it includes a full NC and HNC course in which I can progress to degree level. My role includes providing valid contstructive input to varying projects.

I have deleoped a large ammount of personal and professional skills ranging from communicating with others to my technical knowlege supplied by my further education and by learning through working within my workplace.

I enjoy my programme thouroughly, it is well structured and has a good support system which has carried me very well thoughout the first two thirds of my apprenticeship.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

I feel that the company overall values me highly as they have shown by investing large ammounts of time and money in training us and ensuring we are capable of doing our jobs.

Overall the structure is well built and has been thought out in detail and has been in practice for many years so the structure is at the best it can be which has been improved by trial and error.

My training provider supplies sufficient support to keep me at the personal and prffessional level I am expected to be at and ensure I am working to the best of my abilities.

My employer gives all the support needed and more, they are a at a very high level of support consistenly and have provento be capable of handling a versatile range of challenges.

My salary is sufficient to keep me afloat from month to month, as anyone would say it would be much nicer to have a higher salary but the salary my employer gives is realistic and most definately not to be turned down, especially in comparison to other apprentice wages.

There are plenty of out of work opportunities, the company s often refered to as an eco-system of its own where many employees have similar intertests to which the company will support in and out of work as much as possible.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

it is a well supported and well structured company who will look after anyone who is willing to work hard for good reward, I have recomended friends in the past to which one has actually been taken onto the apprentceship programme the year after myself.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

Show your potential in a way that is natural to yourself and the company will see that potential and nurture it to help you develop and evolve a well rounded professional career.