Apprentice Technician at BAE Systems

Rochester

I work on Hybrid Automotive Technology for Buses. My day to day roles include supporting customers in the field, trialling software for release, improving the hybrid technology.

NVQ Level 3 in Electronic Engineering BTEC Level 3 in Electronic Engineering Advanced Diploma Level 3 in Electronic Engineering

I have learnt all about Hybrid systems and how they operate.

I have enjoyed the work, it is something which I enjoy coming to work to do. I enjoy the people I work with and they make difficult tasks easier by always being able to offer help and advice.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

I feel like a part of the core team and I am trusted to perform tasks on my own. I am recognised for my abilities by being trusted to perform tasks which are above apprentice level.

My programme was structured from day one till the end, I am aware of my progression at all times and I have the full support of my superiors.

I receive all the support I need.

I receive all the support I need.

My salary is a liveable wage.

I have had many opportunities to be involved in extra curriculum activities such as helping at local schools, apprentice council and being an ambassador at an air show.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

They offer great training at work along with great qualifications at college.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *