Store Apprentice at Aldi

Brandon

6.9/10

My job title is a Store Apprentice. My daily tasks include: Marking off and working the delivery ensuring that all the stock is 100% rotated. Carding the store to keep up its appearance to customers. If there are spillages of any kind dealing with them fast but thoroughly. Doing inventory counts. Date checking flowers, eggs, bread, produce and chiller. Dealing with waste (out of date/damaged products). Hourly store walks to check if we are off sale on any products and if so dealing with them. Helping customer with inquiries such as where products are. Working on the tills, making sure to keep up customer service but also ensuring that my till speed hits the target (should be 1000 items per hour). Knowing the PLU codes for produce (such as 52 is the plu code for swede).

I have developed a lot of new skills whist working for Aldi. Such as keeping up customer service both whilst on till or on the shop floor. Working in a fast paced environment. Getting tasks done in a certain amount of time and getting them done correctly. About the different products that Aldi sells and why they don't sell many known branded products. How to effectively mark off. How to operate the till. I have developed my quick cash calculations in order to give good fast customer service. I have developed the skills to complete refunds, returns forms, refusal forms and complaint forms.

I do like working for Aldi. As a company they are brilliant to work for. They have great potential to beat other competitors. As long as you work hard and enjoy the job you have a secure place there. Personally I think that it would be nicer to be thanked more for the hard work you put in. But saying this we do get typed forms saying how hard we have worked and that they have noticed but it would be nice to hear it spoken once in a while.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I feel relatively valued by Aldi. Me and my colleagues all work very hard in order for everything to run smoothly.

It is brilliantly structured although sometimes I think it would be best to be put into some lessons with other apprentices of the same level to make the course feel more controlled.

If i have any problems I can also text, call or email my tutor if i do not understand something or need something explained.

I do receive support from my employer.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

Not very well to be brutally honest. After paying my board. Food. Travel (including insurance for my vehicle, petrol etc) I don't have a lot left over.

We have company activities such as bowling etc which makes us bond more. I do still do other little jobs outside of work when I can.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

Aldi is a good company to work for. Once you have climbed the ranks the pay is worth the hard work.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Get ready to work hard and put effort in. This is not like working for a supermarket. It is more efficient. There is not time for twiddling your thumbs.