1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As I am now in my final placement as a supply chain control, I look after repairs for various products
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
As an apprenticeship scheme I have not enjoyed the experience, although it has taught me allot I feel that there was allot of wasted time that could have been easily averted. Although I didn't expect to be a supply chain controller and was disappointed with the outcome at first I am enjoying work more with the added responsibility.
4. How valued do you feel by Leonardo?
It has been very hard to get our employer to listen to us, which caused us to join the union. We do feel undervalued due to the jobs we were given in the first 3 years of our apprenticeship, but at this current moment I have been given some responsibility which has made me feel a lot more valued by the business.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
At first it seemed a plan was in place but it soon disappeared, we believed that when we merged with a sister site the plan would evolve but it remained very disorganised with placement managers not knowing when we were scheduled to work with them etc.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We have always had problems with our training provider and although we expressed these concerns over the years, our concerns were not taken seriously. A service level agreement was created between our employer and the training provider but it seems that there were never any consequences.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The company has always been very good with personal issues
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Although since the merger we have been trying to align our pay with other apprentices, it is a very competitive wage for the work it involves.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
We are required to regularly help out with recruitment activities.
9. Would you recommend Leonardo to a friend?
because it has been a very different experience from what I expected
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leonardo?
More from LeonardoMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!